BioTalentum Ltd (https://biotalentum.eu/), an innovative biotechnology company with international team working in stem cell research to generate medical cell culture models and drug testing systems is seeking for a
Senior Research Scientist in Stem Cell Biology
- Plan and deliver project-specific stem cell biology research tasks (hands-on wet lab work and delegation to co-workers).
- Laboratory techniques to use will include development and establishment of long-term cell culture handling, stem cell differentiation in different directions.
- Design and development of innovative new in vitro R&D models, including cell-based assays, high-throughput screening, and functional analysis using different equipment’s (RNA/DNA isolation, flow cytometry, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), and imaging techniques, measurements in High content imager).
- Solve and manage complex scientific questions by monitoring the related available literature, provide continuous improvement suggestions, and participate in troubleshooting and problem-solving discussions.
- Participation ISO 90010 maintenance and regulation; Follow and Generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); Improve the existing system by contributing to general lab management;
- Make regular reports, reviews, analyzes, and interpretation of results for presentations and reporting to internal and external audiences;
- Effectively work together with colleagues, external experts, academic and industrial partners.
- PhD degree in biology or related sciences; specialization in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry (alternatively: MSc degree with long-term and documented experience in conducting cell cultures);
- Very good knowledge (theoretical and practical) of work with cell culture in vitro required (full range of techniques and full knowledge of the principles of sterile work); BSL-2 training, and certification will be completed upon hire;
- Candidate must possess solid background in cell biology (cellular assays, light microscopy, fluorescence microscopy, immunohistochemistry, HCI);
- Strong judgment, decision making, escalation, critical thinking, and risk management skills
- Experience with managing a research group, as well as experience of academic grant application and management;
- Effective mentoring and training skills; capable of motivating and integrating teams
- Experience in human in vitro stem cell culture is a major advantage;
- Knowledge and expertise in the field of neurobiology and/or in vitro toxicology;
- Expertise in bioinformatic tools;
What we offer:
Competitive salary and benefit package is offered in a free-thinking, open environment which has close connection to both academic and industry research groups worldwide. We believe diversity, equality and creativity in our community, which lead us innovative discoveries.
How to apply/ contact information:
Please, send CV and motivation letter by Email with indicating your salary requirements to email@example.com .